Kevin's Journey

"Life is like riding a bicycle.  To keep your balance, you must keep moving!"



 On Sunday May 8, I am embarking on a Life Long Goal to ride my bike across the country - yes, the entire USA! I will start on Mother’s Day of all days by dipping the rear wheel of my bike into the Pacific Ocean in Manhattan Beach, CA and starting the nearly 2-month bike ride to the Boston area where I will dip my front tire into the Atlantic Ocean! 

Yes, exciting and crazy – all at the same time! 

My goal of biking has taken on a VERY SPECIAL meaning in remembrance of our son Brian who died almost four years ago. Brian, as you might know, was a graduate of The Citadel, and a Captain in the US Marine Corps and a NJ State Police Officer. Growing up he served in several capacities locally, in Morris Township, as a Firefighter, EMT, and Eagle Scout.

It is with great pride that I am able to fulfill my lifelong goal/dream of biking across this great country of ours, while honoring Brian's memory and legacy of service as I challenge myself during this endeavor! If you knew Brian, he would be saying "Dad are you freaking nuts," yet at the same time he would be excited for me to fulfill my dream! 

After Brian died, we established a scholarship at Morristown High School in Brian’s memory through the Morris Educational Foundation (MEF) and as I pedal across the USA, I hope that we can collectively raise additional funds for this amazing scholarship for Morristown High School seniors who will major in college in a First Responder-related degree.  

Scholarship details can be found at the following link,

Captain Brian J McNally Scholarship

If you wish to support my efforts by donating through the Morris Educational Foundation, please visit the following pledge page!

Kevin Bikes America Pledge Page

This blog will be updated on a regular basis as I pedal across the USA ! 

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Kevin McNally





Comments

  1. Great effort Kevin, look forward to following your journey. Donation link worked just fine. Tommy O.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Update